From National Optronics resources centerJump to navigationJump to search
- Clarity manual (download)
- Sorry no procedures are available
- New features
- OCR (Optical Character Recognition) code has been added to help locate the fitting cross on factory ink marked progressives.
- The option to do on-the-fly shapes for a fitting cross has been added, but this will rarely if ever need to be used because the factory supplied training data should be adequate in almost every case. When the on-the-fly fitting cross training is used, the user must proceed the fitting cross name with a + or T character followed by a space and then the description.
- Code has been added to automatically recognize an upside down shape such as a letter or a T fitting cross by training it only for the shape as it appears when right side up. The new software will now automatically invert the shape and look for a match both ways.
- The installation package has been updated to include the new OCR shape definitions file. The installation package has been updated to include the new OCR fitting cross shape definitions file. Please note that the file extensions on the installation files on the flash drive have changed.
- A new Setup option has been added to the Preferences tab to allow the operator to enable or disable on-the-fly progressive fitting cross training.
- A new Setup menu checkbox option has been added on the Preferences tab for that allows the operator to specify whether they prefer the machine to look for progressive factory ink marks or for microcircle ink dots first. This will shorten the cycle time in labs where most of the progressives have factory ink marks.
- A new checkbox option has been added to the Interface tab of the Setup menu that allows the operator to tell the software to do its own internal finish layout calculations and ignore the finish layout values from the host. Innovations host software was sometimes not compute the finish layout values correctly so this option gives those customers a workable solution.
- On-the-fly camera brightness adjustment has been improved. This has resulted in the ability to process darker lenses well below 15% light transmission in most cases. The improved brightness consistency has also reduced alignment failures and slightly improved power consistency.
- The user can now specify a separate number of power targets and power sizes to use on the Advanced tab of the Setup menu when processing single vision lenses.
- A new blocker arm rotational load position offset has been added to the motion control system to allow adjustment of the rotational position of the blocker arm when it presents to the load position. This adjustment was required to accommodate machines that were shipped with v1.11 or earlier software and had the theta home switch adjusted for the home method used in v1.11 and earlier machines.
- Language translations other than English are still by no means complete or accurate by industry standards, but the web based translation engine we were using in v1.12 and earlier changed and no longer worked. A few additional languages have been added and the translation functions been changed to use Google until a full and accurate industry based translation can be accomplished on every optional language. The setup package has also been updated to include the latest translation file.
- Image perspective correction code has been added in an attempt to correct the perspective of the camera image when viewing lens features or power targets that are positioned very far off center. This additional computation appears to have resulted in an improvement in cylinder axis accuracy and seg alignment of less than 1/15th of a degree in most cases.
- The power target size used when computing power for single vision lenses has been slightly increased in an attempt to increase accuracy of the cylinder axis on extremely low cylinder powers.
- Thousands of new products have been added to the Clarity's internal stock lens specifications database.
- Bugs fixed
- USB updater (download)